Your eyes are just as crucial as any other organ in the body. While we tend to exercise and eat healthy to maintain good health, there are a few important steps you need to take to maintain good eye health as well. One of the steps is to schedule a regular eye exam. Timely eye exams can help detect common vision problems which require correction through glasses or contact lenses. They also help detect the onset of more serious eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts. At Cellview Imaging, we bring to you the future of ophthalmic imaging by providing high-definition images of the retina that helps us analyze the health of the optic nerve as well as the blood vessels and draw out better conclusions.
Certain conditions if not caught on early can also lead to blindness. These include:
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Glaucoma due to increased eye pressure
- Cataract leading to clouding of the eye
- Macular Degeneration related to age
In order to slow down these diseases and maintain good vision, there are certain steps you must take regularly.
Right Steps to Maintain Eye Health
- Have regular eye exams. This will help chart your eye health over time as doctors can go back and compare results to study how quickly a condition might be progressing to suggest the right treatment.
- Knowing your family’s eye history is also important. Certain conditions are hereditary and it would help the doctor arrive at the correct diagnosis if he is aware of your family history.
- Paying attention to diet is crucial. You must eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. Vitamin A is essential for good eye health. Eat green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach. Fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids should also be included. Examples of such fish are cod, trout, tuna, and halibut.
- Maintaining a healthy weight also correlates with eye vision. Being overweight can lead to obesity and diabetes. Diabetes can cause blindness which is why having a healthy weight is key to maintaining good vision.
- Wear sunglasses that protect you from 99% of UVB and UVA rays of the sun. Exposure to these rays can cause or increase eye damage.
- Always wash your hands before removing contact lenses to avoid any eye infections.
- Wear protective eyewear when doing activities that might damage the eyes such as swimming, home repair, yard work, etc.
- Give your eyes ample rest. In today’s age where we’re glued to computers and phone screens, our eyes are working overtime. Practice relaxation techniques and eye yoga to give your eyes much-needed rest.
How Good Eyesight Benefits Overall Health
Taking care of your vision is also good for overall health. Patients with vision problems are more likely to develop diabetes, hearing problems, high blood pressure, strokes, and lower back pain. They are also more likely to develop an increased risk of injury or falls as well as depression. People aged 65 or over,54.2% being blind and 41.7% with impaired vision rate their overall health from fair to poor. You should visit your ophthalmologist if you have any of the following concerns related to eye health:
- Eye Pain
- Decreased Vision
- Double Vision
- Seeing flashes of light
- Circles around light sources
- Redness of the eye
Cellview is Revolutionizing How Eye Exams are Conducted
Cellview Imaging is working with hospitals and clinics to provide state-of-the-art retinal imaging technology using the Non-Mydriatic WRI-1 that will help doctors determine the state of your eye health. With high-definition images of the retina, optic nerve, and various nerve endings, your doctor can make an informed decision and can also detect the onset of any serious conditions. Make eye health a priority and ensure living a happy, healthy life with the right course of timely treatment. Contact us for more information.